STEM Classroom Grant Application
This PreK-12 Classroom Grant is available for Utah educators and administrators to apply for funding set aside to improve student understanding and learning experiences in the subjects of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Awards will be granted for innovative and creative projects in STEM subjects. These projects should focus on classroom-level instruction that is unique to the needs of the students. There will be ONE application period for this grant during the school year. Applications may be submitted between August 1-September 30 every year.
Educators and administrators from Utah public school entities can apply. Awards will be sent and made out to the school. Private entities are not eligible for the Classroom Grant. Classroom Grant applicants may apply for one classroom grant each school year.
Upon award, applicant will be required to:
• Sign a memorandum of understanding (MOU) of the grant requirements and expectations.
District or Charter will be required to provide an invoice.
• Receipts, photo or video documentation of learning activity, and a finals report will be required grant reports from the teacher.
Applicants and grant recipients must attend to all deadlines. No late applications or paperwork will be accepted.
This grant seeks proposals that are unique and based on individual classroom needs. If an application is submitted that has been copied and pasted or is similar/identical to another grant proposal, both proposals will be declined for consideration of funding.
Grant requests may vary, with a maximum award of $1,500. The funding should be used to cover the needed project materials or admission fees and travel for a field trip.
Funding IS NOT available for:
• Technology or other products used solely by the educator (laptop, iPad, smart board, etc)*
• Activities that take place outside of Utah
• Teacher professional development/training
• Salaries or stipends for educators or support staff
• Student competition expenses (please see our Competition grant)
• Food and apparel